Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weddings and Visitors

Dominic got married this weekend!  Sadly, I have no pictures since my camera broke but I promise to get some and as soon as I do I'll post them.  He was stunning in black tie and tails and his bride Leslie was absolutely lovely.  The standout though was Gabriel.  I can't wait to share the pictures of him in his tux with his way-too-big shoes and his unbelievably cool hat.  The child is a star.  Unfortunately I didn't make it through the reception so I missed his dance to the Gummy Bear Song.  I think I got overheated in the church or something.  Perhaps it's like vampires and crosses and placing myself in the amidst all the eclesiastic paraphanalia was just too much and the Lord above cursed me for my demon ways.  Or maybe it was just the heat.  Either way, by the time I got to the reception I thought I was going to throw up or pass out and didn't want to do either so I waylayed Leo into bringing me home where I crashed out for about 18 hours.

Speaking of Leo, he and Geno are visiting me both for the wedding and to help me finish unpacking and putting things away and cleaning this place up.  They have been wonderful and I will never be able to repay them. Well, I kinda already paid Leo by raising him and putting up with him through his teens which is something few people would have done.  Trust me.  But Geno owes me nothing and has been the most wonderful friend and done so much to make my life better in the last week.  I will owe him forever.

1 comment:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Dear Hamp - Write what you like, whenever you like - it is your blog, after all! I am sorry you live with such pain - I share some of your experience, but not every day, apart from the noises in the ears. I hope that you have recovered after the wedding. They can be so tiresome!